Kennedy Health Alliance offers physical exams for Commercial Drivers who require a Medical Examiner Certificate.
Federal law requires drivers with a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) to carry a Medical Examiner Certificate at all times and renew it every two years. Visit the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission online to learn more.
Select Kennedy Health Alliance providers are listed on the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners – a Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) program. Only medical providers that have completed special training and successfully passed the test on FMCSA’s physical qualification standards are listed on the National Registry to perform screening for Medical Examiner Certificates.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Glasses (if you wear them)
- Previous Commercial Drivers License (if this is a renewal)
- Valid New Jersey driver’s license
- If you suffer from: diabetes, a cardiovascular condition, respiratory dysfunction, epilepsy, hypertension, mental disorder, vision or hearing impairment, please bring a letter of clearance from your primary care physician
- If you take medication for ADD or ADHD, please bring a note from your prescribing physician
Please note: These visits can not be submitted to your insurance provider for payment. Please be prepared to pay in full at the time of service.
Call 844-KHA-CAREs (844-542-2273) to make an appointment.