The Gastroenterology (GI) physicians at KHA offer diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal diseases affecting the digestive system, stomach and liver.
Common disorders treated include:
- Abdominal pain
- Benign tumors
- Acid Reflux & Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease (autoimmune disorder of the small intestine, triggered by gluten)
- Diverticular disease (diverticulosis, intestinal)
- Duodenal/Gastric (stomach) ulcers (peptic ulcers)
- Dysphagia (difficulty or discomfort swallowing)
- Esophageal Achalasia (difficult for food and liquid to pass into the stomach)
- Esophagitis (inflammation of the esophagus)
- Gas-Bloat Syndrome
- Gastritis (stomach inflammation)
- Gastroparesis (prevents proper stomach empyting)
- Hemorrhoids (swollen & inflamed veins in the rectum and anus)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis)
- Lactose Intolerance (inability to fully digest sugar [lactose] in dairy products)
- Pancreatitis (inflamed pancreas – lies behind the lower part of the stomach)
- Cirrhosis of the liver
- Viral Hepatitis, Autoimmune Hepatitis, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C
- Unexplained Weight Loss
- Vomiting Disorders
Common procedures performed by KHA's GI physicians include:
- Colon Cancer screening
- Bravo pH Study (to identify presence of acid reflux and GERD)
- Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy and Sigmoidoscopy
- Endoscopic Polypectomy
- Breath Testing - to evaluate for carbohydrate malabsorption.
- Pill Capsule - to evaluate for possible sources of GI Bleeding.
- ERCP - to examine and evaluate the bile ducts.
- Smart Pill Testing - for evaluation of gastric motility.
Procedures are performed at the Kennedy Surgical Center, as well as Kennedy University Hospitals in Cherry Hill, Stratford and Washington Township.
Doctors & Providers
- 1 of 5
- next ›